Arthritis Care in Lansing, Michigan
We offer a pleasant environment in a meticulously rehabilitated 100 year old school house in Lansing, Michigan. The Old Cedar Street School sits on the site of the first school built in Lansing in 1847. We are focused on prevention, minimization of pharmaceuticals, diet and activity, but we also use pharmaceuticals. Your insurance will be billed for these services. We work with most insurance plans, but no longer accept Medicade. Please call our office to confirm we accept your plan.
A nurse, medical assistant or physician in training may interview and examine you, with your permission. Dr. C. Guggenheim will always interview and examine you. We will then discuss your diagnosis and treatment. Your primary care physician and any other physician involved in your care will receive a letter the same day detailing your visit here. We are a Community Connect with Sparrow EPIC. As our patient, you have access to your medical record through EPIC and you can securely contact us through the patient portal.
We treat all arthritic conditions:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosis (SLE)
- Connective tissue disease
- Musculoskeletal autoimmune disease
- Muscle/joint and bone pain
- Performing artist’s pain syndromes
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Chronic pain
- Ehlers Danlos
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Complex regional pain disorder
- Neck Pain
- Reactive arthritis
- Pseudogout/Calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate disease (CPPD)
- Lyme disease
- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Giant cell artiritis
- Behcet’s disease
- Kawasaki’s disease
- Enteropathic arthritis
- Back Pain
- Relapsing polychondritis
- Paget’s disease
Before your visit
Fill out the consultation form to the best of your ability. It is very important that we get an idea of how your whole self functions in order to understand why you are sick and to guide care.
You may fax it to us, or when you arrive 15 minutes before your first visit, we can process it then.
PLEASE do not wear Scents of any kind to your office visit. This includes after shave,scented deodorant, scented hand cream, and scented body wash. You will be asked to reschedule if you come wearing any kind of scent. If you wish another person to accompany you to the visit with Dr. Guggenheim, they too should be scent free.
Bring the following to your appointment
- X-ray Discsunless they were taken at MSU or Sparrow. We have direct access to all Sparrow and MSU records.
- A list of all current medications, including over-the-counter and herbal preparations
- A list of other therapies tried
- Your insurance card(s)
- Pharmacy name(s)
- The names of all the physicians who should get a record of your visit here
- Names of labs you have used in past
- Your significant other, especially if they can help you or your doctor provide better care
- Legal guardian if needed
Understanding your Insurance
We do not determine your benefits. Your insurance is a contract between you and your insurer.
Please call the office during office hours (M-TH 8AM-5PM) at (517) 267-0107. You may call or message us through the Sparrow EPIC portal. For urgent attention or emergencies after office hours, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Please give us at least 1 business day notice to cancel your appointment to avoid missed appointment charges.